View Profile b-random9

81 Game Reviews

"Hey Edmund can I copy your homework"
"Sure just don't make it too obvious"

In seriousness, whilst I expected a straight up Isaac rip-off from the thumbnail, I kinda wish it had taken more from Isaac. Isaac has variety and items to keep it interesting, it's more non-linear to add some strategy, here things quickly get repetitive.
Like, I'm not sure why there's randomly generated levels here when non-random would probably be more interesting. Since as far as I can tell you can't perma-die so you're not doing the levels again anyway.

Well polished enough but very unoriginal. I don't think every game needs to be a massive subversion, but a boss that moves slowly back and forth and then drops to try crush you is lackluster when the game's core mechanics are also very familiar.

Character also feels extremely sluggish.

Dying in one hit is also annoying, I never died because it was challenging, just because a hazard was too close to the door and I'd walk right into it.

Feels fun but the control scheme seems a bit needlessly confusing, like it's odd that holding up and right ultimately launches you curved down. I got through a lot of levels without really grasping the exact nature of how it works.

Got softlocked about 15 stages in on a black screen after randomly crashing into a wall.

1 Art Review

Really thought this was Pieck from Attack On Titan by the thumbnail.

Whatever I write here will just feel outdated by tomorrow.
The quotation marks newgrounds puts around this makes it look super pretentious and I really didn't mean it that way :(

Brandon JS Lea @b-random9